Really an easy no fuss recipe that is more filling than an ordinary soup would be. Not to forget healthy, and of course, vegetarian. Guess I’ve been posting a lot of vegetarian recipes lately, part of the reason is of course that I love my veggies, but more importantly been cooking vegetarian more often ever since summers have started to set in. Somehow
in this weather, the body tends to crave for simple cooling meals, this is one of them. The bonus is it does not require supervision or stressing in a hot summer kitchen.
- Pumpkin: 250 gms, chopped into big chunks
- Garlic: 2 large cloves
- Milk/cream: 1/2 a cup (optional)
- Butter: 1 tsp + for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pumpkin chunks in water with some salt – in the pressure cooker or microwave
- While it cools down a bit, heat some butter in a pan and add the crushed garlic cloves
- Once they release the aroma, add the garlic and the cooked pumpkin to a blender
- Adjust the consistency if necessary with the milk/cream, season to taste and serve with some garlic bread.