This post is part of the KfB Beat the heat event!
It is too hot to be in slogging in the kitchen for an elaborate meal. The people who are eating it are preferring something ‘simpler’ as well to beat the heat. I have a natural knack for throwing in flavours and textures to rustle up a salad out of anything at hand. This is one of those endeavours.
- Grapes: 1/2 cup
- Cashews (spicy roasted): a handful
- Carrots: blanched and diced oblique: 1/2 cup
- French beans: blanched and sliced diagonally: 1/2 cup
- Celery leaves: handful
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Lime juice: 1 tbsp
- Honey: 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 clove crushed
- Assemble veggies, nuts and fruit in a bowl.
- Prepare a dressing with olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- Add dressing to salad and serve.