In our bid to make up for all the sweet and fried stuff we end up eating during the day, our preferred guilt-laden dinners are restricted to a soup and/or a salad and some toast mayhaps. It is difficult to keep butter or cream out of soups in our household, but the goodness of pumpkin balances it I am hoping! So here’s the deal:
- Pumpkin: 150 gms, chopped into thick 1″ blocks
- Carrot: 1 pc, chopped coarsely
- Rosemary: dried/fresh needles, 1 tsp
- Parsley: dried/fresh, 1tsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves, chopped or smashed
- Butter/ olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pumpkin and carrot with adequate water (to immerse vegetables) and some salt in a pressure cooker (medium flame, 3-4 whistles)
- When the vegetables cool down slightly, transfer to a blender along with some of the water and blend to smooth consistency
- Heat butter/ olive oil in a pan, add garlic and herbs till they release aroma
- Add the pumpkin paste and simmer for 2 mins
- Blend in the cream, turn off the heat.
Serve with garlic toast on the side.